Klik hier om deze tekst aan te passen.
Published on 22 August 2011
The Egyptian Museum's inventory committee will not finish its work in less than two years, said Ra’fat al-Nabarawy, a member of the committee.
It will form seven subcommittees after Eid al-Fitr, which takes place at the end of August this year, to help the main committee and ensure that none of the artifacts are fake, Nabarawy added.
Around 1700 relics in the museum have been checked by the committee so far and all have been proved originals, Nabarawy said.
The committee also found two pieces previously thought to have been stolen from the museum after 28 January, known as the Friday of Anger.
Number of tourists’ visits to the museum last week reached 2573 visitors: 2276 foreigners and 297 Egyptians.
Tarek al-Awady, the museum director, said this number of visits is high for a time of year when international tourism rates usually drop, not only in Egypt, but in the whole region.
Awady regarded this as a good sign that tourism is returning to normal rates.
Translated from the Arabic Edition
13 June 2013
Due to heavy workload
20 February 2013
We emptied Syria's museums
19 February 2013
The ancient manuscripts of Timbuktu are a door into Africa's golden age. We must not let this crisis threaten their survival
These manuscripts are our identity
Mosaics depicting scenes from Homer?s epic poem The Odyssey.
18 February 2013
Press, reigime and propaganda
International Conference on Protection of Cultural Property in Asia